Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Art Gallery Spotlight: Artisans At The Dahmen Barn



It was Sunday. I picked up an iced coffee from Starbucks. Recently, I've been asking for my coffee to have almond milk instead of the other. Getting used to the taste. It's good, it's just not what I'm used to. But I digress, it was Sunday. After I picked up my coffee, I then headed to Moscow. When I arrived, I joined my good friend, Jolene. Our first stop was at the Artisans at the Dahmen Barn. The weather was perfect. It was sunny with clouds. There was also a nice coolness to the morning. It was supposed to warm up. The first thing we did was walk around the place. I took pictures as we followed the fence down the road.


We both admired the fence and barn. Before we stepped into the building, I took some shots of the cow. After getting some outside shots, I walked into the barn with Jolene. We entered the gift shop and looked around. There were so many amazing things to shop for. I knew we'd most likely be back from viewing the galleries. I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the art - which I understood. I can only describe what I saw. For the rest of this post, it'll only be photos of the outside. I hadn't been to the Dahmen Barn, so I was really excited.







They had many galleries set up with art by various people. There were so many different kinds of designs. Some of my favorites were the black and white photography. Throughout the barn, there were many items for sale. From pottery to weaves, there was a lot to look at and take in. I was in awe. I know I couldn't have enough patience and perseverance to make anything even close to what some can do. The woodwork was especially interesting. My Dad is a carpenter, so I enjoy seeing any kind of work done on wood. In fact, my parents plan to visit the Dahmen Barn this year at some point. I'm sure they'll like it all.







After walking through the galleries, we headed down to the gift shop. I picked out a hand-made pumpkin, a wood bookmark, a bowl cloth, and a really cool card (it has a cat on it, of course). My friend picked out some neat hand-made towels. I didn't get a keychain for my keychain collection this time around, but maybe when I stop by again. The whole thing was a wonderful experience. I love that the barn doesn't just show art but tries to include the community. There seems to be many events and even maybe workshops. We actually grabbed a flyer for one that we're considering doing. Looked like fun.

I highly recommend stopping by and exploring this whole place. 

To be continued... (Part 2 next week)

Many blessings,
- Grace Thorson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday: Red Vibrance