Monday, September 16, 2024

Blog Update: A Season of Change



With Autum coming within a few days, I thought it would be a good time to give a blog and life update. The most important update is that a family member of mine is at the hospital. It's been so hard on him and my family. Since my concern is for my family during this time, my posts may be sporadic. I usually try to post on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Once in a while, I'll do more, but this is often my blogging schedule. But for the rest of September, my posts will be determined on what's happening.

The other update is that I'm changing my lifestyle. I have mental and physical health problems, and I've come to a point that I need to get serious about my health. Each day is a struggle for me, so I know that if I did make changes, I would most likely feel better. It hasn't been easy, however. I've lost a few pounds before but gained it back. I'm more serious about it this time. I'll be taking on an anti-inflammatory diet but doing it slowly. I'm also exercising each day and finding ways to stay active. 



As the season changes, I want to reflect on Summer. It was one of the hardest my family's ever experienced. With family health issues, a fire that threatened our home, and getting sick myself, it hasn't been good. But many of our family members and friends helped us during this time, and I'm so thankful for the assistance. We couldn't have made it without you. The generosity and encouragement we received was much-needed during this time. Thank you so much. We greatly appreciate the love.

I've learned from this Summer that no matter what happens, God is always by our side. We may face challenges, but we're never alone. God is with us. He's also there to make sure our needs are met. I'm still so thankful that our home survived the fire. I thought for sure it would be destroyed. While Summer transitions into Autumn, I pray it's better. I hope it's filled with hope. Hope is what we need, what this world needs. I feel like many are looking for it. It's there. I know it is. May we all find it.


My book writing is going slow. I plan on finishing the first chapter this evening. I feel the need to write faster, however. I hope to finish the first draft before Christmas, but I don't know if that's going to happen. I'm telling myself that it will get finished and not worry about time. But I can't help it, I have so many other books I want to write, so time is important here. I just have to trust God's timing. It'll get it finished when it's time. Haha. All I can think about and worry about is time. Worry wart, here.

December is going to be a special month for blogging. My plan is to blog each day in December as an advent calendar. You just don't know what the blog post is going to be on that day. It's something I've wanted to try for a while, but didn't know if I could. My goal for this is huge, but if everything else is okay, I'm going to attempt it. There'll even be a giveaway, so be sure to drop by in December. I'm eager to get started on it, because I think it'll be fun for everyone. It'll be really festive.


When September 22nd comes, may it be a beautiful day for you. I pray Autumn is a blessed season for you, your family, and your friends. I know it's a new season, so there's hope for some type of beginning. For something that's good for all of us. I have a request. Please pray for my family, and that Autumn will be less challenging for us than Summer. I'm waiting for things to be calmer. I know it can, so I hold out hope for it. Thank you for your support and prayers. It's much appreciated by everyone.

I sometimes forget to mention, but if you enjoy my blog, be sure to like it on Facebook here. You can also follow my blog using Google - which is on the right sidebar of my blog. I don't know if you can see it on a phone, but it's there. Also, if you'd like to contact me, leave a comment, or email me (contact form is also on the right sidebar of my blog).

Many blessings,
- Grace Thorson

4 comments:

  1. Hey lets do this health thing together! I am also doing an anti inflammatory diet. Its important to remember that intense exercise can make inflammation worse so low and slow is a good rule to remember. We are praying for your family and this difficult time as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's a great idea! Thank you for the prayers, Erin!!

      Delete
  2. Hello Sweet Grace! What a delightful blog. I will certainly be praying for your family. May you give yourself the grace to rest and sit before the Lord and allow Him to restore and strengthen you.

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Red Vibrance