Sunday, August 11, 2024

Devotional: You Have An Enemy



We all have this one thing in common. We fight the same enemy; most are unaware of it. We go through our days, completely oblivious to the hidden danger. I mean, if we can't see this enemy, then it's not a problem, right? Some might even laugh at the thought. This is no laughing matter, however. The enemy we're up against has a name. It's Satan. He's the world's worst nightmare, and he moves through all our lives, fully present. We may not be able to see him, but we can see the destruction he causes. It's everywhere.

I want you to think of the worst problems we face today. I can think of many instances where evil is constant and seeming to grow rapidly. When we hear on the news a story that is truly heartbreaking, we can see the darkness at work. It will only spread, because Satan preys on all of us. It doesn't matter if you're a Christian or not. At some point in your life, you've most likely seen what he can do. I also feel that Satan likes to prey on the innocent the most, like children and animals. He causes as much pain as possible.

Yes, he's vile. He'll go after anything or anyone to cause havoc. We, of course, are not completely powerless against our adversary. To lessen his hold on us, we can pray, spread kindness, and just make this world a somewhat habitable place for everyone. However, humans are selfish, and we give in to the temptations of Satan. The most worst thoughts imaginable become reality in this harsh environment. The one thing I don't understand is how we can blame God for any of this. Satan is to blame.

I've become more aware of the spiritual side - which is why I'm writing about this today. Life is a daily battle. My own battle is that I have horrible thoughts about myself. I can't always seem to get rid of them. One day, during these thoughts, a powerful line came into my mind, "You would be the first into battle." It gave me chills, and I knew it was the Holy Spirit. It gave me courage to face the daily battles I go through, and I hope this devo encourages you to never stop fighting our enemy. But, don't worry. In the end, we win.

Keep fighting.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." - Ephesians 6:12 NASB

Do you need prayer? Leave a comment, and I'll pray for you.

Many blessings,
- Grace Thorson

4 comments:

  1. Good post! I especially love that scripture in Ephesians. So often we don't recognize the source of the attacks we suffer. The book of Job pulls back the veil on the connection between our trials and the work of God in our lives. Satan is the unwilling servant God uses to bring people to a new understanding of His grace and power through suffering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much that goes on that we can't see. I'm so glad we have a God that leads us through it in each day.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this Grace! I also love the verse in 2 Corinthians 10:4 that says we do not fight with weapons of this world….rather, our divine weapons have the power to DEMOLISH strongholds! This encourages me so much when the enemy looms so large and his minions seem to threaten to engulf myself and my loved ones. I used to be paralyzed by his scare tactics. I daily choose to REMEMBER God’s might and strength, even in my own life. And to BELIEVE that the same power that raised Christ from the dead and seated Him at His right hand, is the same power working mightily within me! I choose to move and rest in that power. We overcome by our testimony and by the blood of the Lamb. Grace, you have a powerful testimony and His blood has been applied over your heart! You will prevail!! You will overcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for these words. They truly gave me life. I see now that I need to write. It's my purpose for right now.

      Delete

Wordless Wednesday: Red Vibrance