Monday, September 9, 2024

Music Spotlight: Dinner At Elks Lodge



My Mom and I were invited by my friend, Judi, and her husband, Gary, to join them for dinner at the Elks Lodge. She's also the wonderful owner of ...And Books, Too! (where I work). I had been to the lodge only a few times, but never like this for both music and dinner. It was a delight as I walked in with my Mom. I also had my camera with me, of course. Couldn't forget that. We met two other really close friends that were there to play the music that evening. We've known Sherry and Marty for many years. I've not had the chance to hear them play recently, so I was excited to be there that night.



I found our table where Gary and Judi were sitting. We both sat down and talked. After a bit, I got up and took a few photos of the place. It's huge inside. There's many chairs and tables. I heard that there was a great view from the windows, so I went to investigate. Looking out the large window, I could see the beautiful river. The sun was gleaming bright that day, its rays reflecting against the water. It was a warm summer day. The perfect setting for a fun night. People were coming in to claim their seats. Everyone was chatting around us, content to enjoy the atmosphere. I got a few photos of Judi and Gary, and of my Mom, too. I'm so glad that she got to come along with me for this.



I sat down next to them and selected my order for dinner. I chose a hamburger with fries, and a lemonade to drink. My Mom also got some fried mushrooms to try (mushrooms are the best). We took in everything while waiting for dinner. It didn't take long for the food to come. I bit into the hamburger. It was so good. I also gobbled up the fries (dipped in fry sauce). My Mom and I shared the fried mushrooms. I could've had lots more of those. Mushrooms are one of my favorite foods. Everyone else really enjoyed their food that was brought to them. The lemonade was yummy, too. I would gladly eat there again.


Marty and Sherry started playing their music. They did many songs, some that I recognized. Most of them were familiar with my Mom and Judi and Gary. I don't know a lot of older tracks, but I had heard a few. One of my favorites that they did was "Take Me Home, Country Roads" by John Denver. They both have awesome voices, and Marty is so good at playing guitar. People that were there got up and headed to the dance floor. We all watched them dance along to the tunes. Some were pretty good at it. I didn't get up to dance myself. I'm not good. But the music was so enjoyable. I loved hearing them play.


The Lukenbills often play at the Elks Lodge, so you can hear them there. I recommend it. Also try the Elks' food. It's delicious. *Note* You can go if you're a member of the lodge, or if you're invited by someone that is. After a while, it was getting late, so we got up from our chairs. My Mom and I said our goodbyes to Sherry and Marty. Giving them hugs, we also thanked Judi and Gary for such a pleasant evening.

My Mom and I walked out to the parking lot where a serene darkness had descended down across the valley. It was a lovely summer night. We then headed home. I want to thank Judi and Gary for everything that day. I hope to go more often. Thank you also to Sherry and Marty for their music. I was so content to relax and hear such good friends play. And for Mom. I'm glad she could come with me. I love you all. Must see everyone soon again. Thank you so much.

Many blessings,
- Grace Thorson

2 comments:

Wordless Wednesday: Red Vibrance